- Trainers are experts at holding you accountable. You have a set, paid appointment. They help you to not only develop your own personalized goals but to also develop a realistic and achievable plan to attain these goals. Trainers have the ability to believe in you even when you are feeling at your lowest and don’t believe in yourself. “CAN’T” is not in a trainer’s vocabulary.
- Sure, it’s easy to get to the gym and hop on the elliptical, but then what? Trainers are educated on the most effective ways to help you get to your fitness goals. They will work with you to develop a routine that makes since and is realistic for you. If you haven’t worked out in months and are just returning to the gym, a trainer will not expect you to begin a fitness regimen consisting of 60 minute routines 5 days a week. Trainers will help you to figure out to maximize your time in the gym but not overwhelm you. They will work with you to develop an exercise routine that takes you on the path to achieving your personal goals. All along the way holding you accountable and providing motivation!
- There is an overwhelming amount of fitness, nutrition, and health information available. It is impossible for the average person to have time to sift through this information for what is most valid, accurate and up to date. It is the job of the trainer to stay on top of health trends and continue their education in order to provide you with the safest and most accurate information in the industry. Is that new fad diet really effective? Will I really get a bikini body by doing that popular workout? Is it true what I read in this fitness magazine? These are just some of the questions trainers deal with on a daily basis. Trainers are able to use their education, knowledge and experience to provide you with tips and tricks to help you develop a healthier lifestyle.
- Not everyone has your best interest in mind. Your trainer, though, only cares about you and your success. Each hour you spend with your trainer is an hour to focus on you and only you! They will provide consistent feedback to help you better yourself and achieve your goals. Most importantly, the trainer is able to do this without making you feel inadequate or judged. They help you to see all of your successes, big and small, even when you can’t see them yourself. Through this support, trainers will hold you accountable and motivate you, despite your feelings about yourself!
- Watching all the you tube videos in the world and reading all the fitness magazines, does not substitute having a person by your side providing you immediate feedback on form and technique. It is very easy to hurt yourself in the gym. Trainers pay attention, cue both your mind and your body and help you achieve your goals more quickly by making sure you are doing each exercise correctly. They can help you develop better running form, improve your posture, and increase your strength by teaching you to recruit the proper muscles and making a mind body connection. With each exercise trainers will hold you accountable to proper form and technique preventing injury!
- Often people shy away from equipment in the gym because they are afraid of hurting themselves. Likewise, one may stop attending the gym due to an injury. Trainers will teach you how to use equipment properly so that you do not injure yourself. Trainers will also work with you to prevent injuries in everyday life by helping you increase your balance, flexibility, and core strength. They are able to focus on specific exercises that will benefit you based on your activities of daily living. And in the chance that you have suffered an injury, trainers are able to work with you to safely exercise, keep your range of motion, and get your strength back. A personal trainer will not let you use an injury as an excuse to not workout!!
- Are you an athlete? Even a recreational athlete can get better at their sport. Trainers have studied body patterns and movements. They know the best exercises to help you develop strength, endurance, speed, and agility for your sport. A trainer will know if you have been keeping up your routine through your performance and will hold you accountable to the sports specific exercises in your program!
- you will burn more calories in less time when working with a trainer. A trainer develops a program that is efficient and allows you to get the most in, in the shortest amount of time. Time does not need to be lost at the gym. If you are finding it hard to find time to workout, not only will a trainer help you to get the most out of your work out, but they will teach you how you can do that on your own. Each week trainers will follow up to see if you achieved our workout goals for the week, holding you accountable to exercise on your own time and make tweaks to the program to help you be successful!
- Personal training is just that, PERSONAL! A trainer will develop a program that is specific to you and your goals. If you have an injury, if you want to climb a mountain, if you want lose weight to become pregnant, have lower back pain… The program will be specific to you and only you! A program your trainer takes the time to develop and teach to you. You know they are going to hold you accountable to achieving the goals of that program!
- You develop a relationship with your trainer like no other. There are not very many people whom you share your goals so specifically, who in turn will work so diligently to help you achieve them. Often that hour (or two, or three) a week you spend with your trainer, is the only time in your week that is truly devoted to you, your goals, and your successes.
- working with a trainer will allow you to achieve the results that you cannot achieve on your own. Each person’s goals are extremely personal. Whether it is weight loss, injury rehab, or companionship. A trainer is going to develop goals that will lead you down a path to success.
Became a certified personal trainer in 2002. He’s worked at large national gyms as well as smaller local fitness studios. For Kevin, health and fitness started as fun that he has adopted into a healthier lifestyle that he practices every day. He’s been in several national fitness competitions for powerlifting and physique.
Ed has several years of personal training experience with individuals of all levels of fitness. His determination for his client’s success is the reason he has made this a career. Ed especially likes to train in small group sessions where he can really share his knowledge of strength training to help individuals achieve their objective. He has been a young girls travel coach for the past 8 years in both soccer and basketball. He teaches his athletes the importance of training hard but smart and shares that same enthusiasm with his clients. His workouts are challenging, but always fun. Ed is eager to help you see results and reach your fitness goals!
Certifications/Credentials: CPR, CPT: NASM
Sue has been in the fitness industry for over 15 years, teaching and training in many facilities throughout south Jersey. Her knowledge of senior fitness and experience in Personal Training is especially helpful for those with injuries and limitations.
Certifications/Credentials: CPR, TRX, Arthritis, Silver & Fit, CPT: AFAA
Chrissy’s philosophy towards fitness is that it is the beginning of everything that most people want out of life: health, vitality, beauty, strength, confidence and self-respect. Her programs are based on strength conditioning, nutrition, and aerobic training. She has 9 years experience in personal training and is a group exercise instructor. She enjoys running (just completed her 2nd marathon!), weight training and boot camps. She can help you reach your goals and have fun while doing it! She will help you to train smarter, not harder.
A spit-fire of a trainer, Sam has a Master's in Occupational Training, which has given her an abundance of knowledge in how the body works, how to rehabilitate, and strengthen it. She loves to weight train and has a passion for boxing. She has a great rapport with both the young and old when training! She'll make you work your butt off but also keep you laughing through it all!